Arthritis impacts millions globally, with spinal arthritis being a significant concern. Whether you’re well-acquainted with health or just delving into wellness, understanding arthritis is vital for maintaining a healthy spine. In this guide, we’ll explore the basics of arthritis and its connection to spinal health while highlighting the role of Ottawa physiotherapy and chiropractic care.
What is Spinal Arthritis?
Arthritis isn’t a single ailment but a term encompassing various joint disorders causing inflammation, affecting even the spine. Spinal arthritis often targets facet joints and disc joints, crucial for everyday movement.
Types of Arthritis Affecting the Spine
Two primary types impacting spinal health are:
- Osteoarthritis (OA): The wear-and-tear arthritis linked to aging, causing localized inflammation and discomfort, leading to stiffness and pain in the spine.
- Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA): An autoimmune disorder where the immune system attacks spinal joints, resulting in inflammation, pain, and potential deformities.
Recognizing Spinal Arthritis Symptoms
Identifying spinal arthritis symptoms is crucial for early management. Stiffness, limited range of motion, and pain, especially morning stiffness in OA, are common indicators.
Tips for a Spine-Friendly Lifestyle
Whether you’re a seasoned health enthusiast or just starting your wellness journey, adopting habits for spinal health is crucial. Here are some tips:
- Stay Active: Engage in regular exercise, including low-impact activities like walking. Ottawa physiotherapy can offer tailored exercise plans.
- Maintain a Healthy Weight: Extra pounds stress spinal joints. Opt for a balanced diet, including anti-inflammatory foods, for joint health.
- Good Posture Matters: Change positions often to ease strain on your spine during daily activities.
- Consider Your Diet: Incorporate anti-inflammatory foods like legumes, fruits, and vegetables for overall joint health.
Ottawa Physiotherapy and Chiropractic Care for Spinal Arthritis
Professional help plays a crucial role. Ottawa physiotherapy and chiropractic care, including adjustments, mobilizations, and targeted interventions, can provide relief. CURAVITA’s healthcare professionals specialize in spinal arthritis management, offering personalized solutions for a better quality of life.
Booking an Appointment in Ottawa
To take the next step towards a healthier spine: for more information or to book an appointment with one of our healthcare professionals, visit our clinic websites at Curavita Byward and Curavita Glebe.
Contact CURAVITA Byward clinic at 613-860-8600 or Glebe clinic at 613-237-9000.
Invest in your future with less discomfort and improved mobility through informed choices and expert care in Ottawa.